Purpose of PSI
The mission of Office of Health Care Statistics (OHCS)(created by and enacting the statutory responsibilities depicted in §26-33a) is to promote better health by collecting, analyzing and disseminating health data to increase access and quality, and to reduce the costs of healthcare.
The Office is responsible for maintaining, managing, and analyzing the following data series:
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS)
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS)
- Healthcare Facility Data (HFD)
- All Payer Claims Data (APCD)
- Patient Safety Surveillance and Improvement Program (PSSIP)